We are spending the night in Williams Lake, British Columbia, 3 hours shy of our Prince George original destination. Jim couldn't get his act together this morning, so we didn't leave until 9am. We drove a total of 406 miles in 10 hrs and 10 minutes through rain, heat, high mountains, traffic, construction, and more rain. This is beautiful country.....and fortunate to have the opportunity to see it from the back of a bike - thank you Jeannine and Roberta for making this trip possible.
A couple things was learned today....
1. Butch is the lead dog. Jim drives to fast, Butch obeys the speed limits.....thus, Butch is lead dog.
2. Jim is to busy singing along with Garth Brooks to notice things like Elk and highway signs - thus Butch is lead dog.
3. The rain gear works - it was worth the expense. We road in some heavy rain today, and we are both dry at the end of the day.
4. Butch's butt hurts, Jim's doesn't. Conclusion......the old man still has it!
5. Crossing the border was so simple, all we did was show our driver's license and smiled at the pretty customs agent. No passport asked for...........nothing. We both still got it!
6. We will be getting up at 5am tomorrow to continue our adventure.
Jim & Butch